Monday, April 20, 2015

Salesforce Limits All Developers Should Know

As I was going through the Object-Oriented Programming in Apex training module, the section on "Limit Methods" reminded me that out of the myriad limits detailed in Salesforce Limits Quick Reference Guide, there are some that are more important than others. Which ones? How about the ones that have their own Limits methods...


To that end I went through the exercise myself and compiled a list of the Limits methods and what the respective limits are, using the helpful resources below.


This was a great learning experience for me, as I discovered many old limits have been deprecated, especially the ones previously affecting describe methods! It was also interesting to note that there is no limit on callouts per 24-hour period, or at least none that I could find.